When should I get my car painted?
- Any damage or wear on your car’s paint surface.
- Color has started to fade or changes coloration.
- Paint at least every five years, preferably every three year for cars exposed to harsh conditions like sunlight and salt near the coasts. Paint jobs make sure that your car’s paint is not affected by acid rain.
As we all know, the paint on your car is prone to damage and wear and tear. The sun’s UV rays can take their toll as well as stones and other particles hitting it while driving on the road.
When to Consider getting a car paint job?
Generally, if there are small dents in the painted surface, or if the paint is scratched, then it can be difficult to notice these things. Paint may also start to peel off at the edges, especially on cars which are exposed to heat all day long, specifically dark color cars.
Paint job for a car should really be done at least every five years. This ensures that the paint is protected from damage caused by pollutants and debris which come into contact with your car’s body while driving on roads.
Also, consider getting a paint job when there are noticeable changes in coloration of the painted surface of your car.
For instance, if you have noticed that your white car has turned yellowish over time due to sun exposure damages , then it’s high time you get a paint job done.
Are Paint Jobs Expensive?
Paint jobs are expensive, no doubt about that. But they can go a long way in protecting your car’s painted surface from damage and preserving the value of your automobile. Paint jobs are even more important for exotic or antique vehicles which have their original paint intact. These cars are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, so it is imperative to maintain their originality. A bad paint job on an old classic will mean the loss of significant money when trying to sell them off later!
People often try to take care of their own car by doing things like touch up work themselves before taking the car for a professional paint job . This could be alright provided you do not use low quality paints or colors which can just peel off easily. They are done by expert professionals, so get the car painted exactly how you want it!
It will cost anywhere between $ 400 to $ 5800 depending on the make and model of your car . Paint work usually includes sanding, masking of surfaces not to be painted , priming if required, color coats applied in multiple layers after dust has settled . Besides the paint job itself, other charges may apply for things like ” base coat ,” if any is required, clear coating on top of different color coats, etc.
- Paint jobs on cars help keep rust at bay, especially when you live close to sea coasts or near large bodies of water where salt is frequently used on the roads for snow and ice control.
- It also make sure that your car’s paint is not affected by acid rain which tends to destroy cars chrome parts over long periods of time.
- Moreover they are a must for an automobile if you want it to retain its value in years to come.
- Paint jobs will increase the resale value of your vehicle, especially if it’s a popular old classic!